Looking for a crib mattress for your baby? For the newly born and up to age 5, baby mattresses can sleep very well because of their firm and water-resistant build.
Standard cribs are designed to be 52-inch x 28-inch. In this guide, we review the best mattress for babies that can fit snugly tight around the edges of your crib for infant bed safety.
- 1 Considerations When Shopping For A Baby Mattress
- 2 Reviews Of The Best Mattresses for Babies And Infants
- 3 Our Final Thoughts
Considerations When Shopping For A Baby Mattress
- Compliance standards for sleep safety. All products listed in this guide meet compliance standards of either CertiPUR-US certification or GreenGuard Gold certification for safe materials for your baby
- Dimensions of the mattress to fit your crib. If you are using a standard crib size of 52-inch by 28-inch, the products listed in this guide will fit very well. You are looking for a snug-fit crib so your baby can roll around and play safely inside his or her crib
- Budget price range. Generally, cheaper mattresses are thin while more expensive are dense and thicker. When considering how much to budget for your nursery, consider the cost of purchasing additional blankets, covers, pillows and possibly a mattress pad for the young one
- If your baby is having trouble sleeping on the mattresses, it may be too firm, which is a normal occurrence. You can purchase the #1 best seller American Baby Company Protective Mattress Pad. This 9-inch thick mattress pad is made from 100% soft polyester fleece with a 100% proof waterproof vinyl base that fits in standard crib and toddler beds
When deciding on a mattress for infants, safety is the number 1 priority. We checked the certification of every product for chemical-free material, comments left by hundreds of reviewers, and how well their babies have slept.
We also looked out for the quality of the materials used, the firmness. Our concern is whether any indentations may develop in the center where the baby sleeps that may make them uncomfortable.
Newborns sleep roughly 16 hours each day. We want to give them the best sleep during these early years. In this guide, we are honored to review the best mattress for infants.
Reviews Of The Best Mattresses for Babies And Infants
- Lightweight and durable. It is made with high density thermo-bonded fiber core that provides firm support and a 100% Vinyl outer cover that is water resistant and wipes clean.
- Mattress dimensions: 52"L x 27.5"W x 5"H. Weight limit: 50 lb. For optimal use, rotate mattress every 2-3 months. 10-year limited warranty. Handcrafted in Canada. Made of imported textiles.
- This mattress has achieved GREENGUARD GOLD Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.
- Fits standard crib with internal measurements of 28⅝ in. X 53 in.
- Safety 1st has received the Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Most Recommended brand for Baby Crib & Toddler Mattress
The Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams is a high-density mattress with vinyl cover that is water-resistant, tear-resistant and cleans easily. The core is thermo-bonded creating a high density thickness to provide firm support. It is also hypoallergenic and free of phthalates and lead. The product is GreenGuard Gold certified for a safe sleep environment for babies.
The Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams is lightweight and durable for a long-lasting use. The dimensions are 52.5-inch x 27.5-inch x 5.5-inch and will fits standard cribs and toddler beds. It comes with a 24-month manufacturer defect warranty. It is also the #1 best seller on Amazon as the best crib mattress.
- Safety first Always - This mattress is Greenguard Gold Certified to ensure the highest level of health, safety and peace of mind. All our mattresses are CPSC tested and pass all flammability tests (16 CFR 1632 /1633) phthalate, lead and toxicity tests.
- Fits most popular playards - The Dream On Me 3" Foam Pack n Play Mattress is the perfect choice for and provides a snug fit with most popular playard brands including the Graco Pack N Play. DIMENSIONS - 37.5" x 25.5" x 3”
- Perfect balance of comfort and support - This playard mattress provides your child with the right amount of support and comfort for endless days of play and rest. But, you don't have to take our word for it. Read the reviews down below.
- A healthy environment for your baby - Reinforced, waterproof and binding help resist liquids and stains and odor from seeping in. Easy to maintain; Simply wipe clean with mild soap and water.
- Made in the USA –All our mattresses are designed, engineered and proudly Made in the USA using the best quality materials and meet the most rigorous safety and quality standards.
The Dream On Me Foam Pack and Play is a foam mattress that is anti-bacterial and designed with waterproof lock stitched binding to prevent mold, mildew, and odor from seeping underneath. It is made with 10% vinyl (the cover) and 90% foam. The dimensions are 37.5-inch x 25.5-inch x 3-inch. The cover is waterproof and can wipe clean.
The Dream On Me Foam Pack and Play carries a 10-year warranty against defects from manufacturer. Made in the USA, the product is pthalates-free and lead-free. This mattress is designed to fit various Dream On Me baby sleep furnitures, such as cribs and playpens. It is also commonly purchased with the Graco Pack N’ Play Quilted Playard Stratus, a popular full size bassinet with push-play folding features.
The Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer is an extra firm, high-density foam mattress made with CertiPUR-US certified foam. This product is vinyl, polyethylene and PVC free, as well as phthalates and lead free. The cover uses non-toxic waterproof nylon material with side stitched seams to prevent any liquids from leaking into the filling.
The Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer is hypoallergenic and treated with antimicrobial protection. The dimensions are 27.5-inch x 52-inch x 5-inch. It is made in the USA and is also GreenGuard Gold Certified for safe use. It also comes with a certified frustration-free packaging for faster shipping and easy unpacking.
- 100% BREATHABLE DESIGN- babies can breathe right through the mattress- reduces the risk of suffocation and overheating.
- COMPLETELY WASHABLE & HYPOALLERGENIC- contains no foam, latex, springs, glue, or allergens- GREENGUARD GOLD certified and 100% recyclable.
- GREATER COMFORT means better sleep and healthy development for your baby.
- INFANT AND TODDLER (2-STAGE) and washable so you can use it for years and years
- RECOMMENDED by pediatricians for your baby's health, safety, and development. Winner of numerous awards and PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA.
The Newton is a light-weight mattress that contains no foam, latex, springs, glue, or allergens. 100% recyclable, this organic bed is 100% breathable and helps with air circulation to prevent sweaty backs and overheating.
Made in the USA, this product has been featured in the 2015 JPMA Innovation Award, New York times, ABC, The Bump, Bundoo, and more. It is GreenGuard certified for safety and comes with a removable zipper cover for easy washing. The dimensions of the Newton are 28-inch x 52-inch x 5.5-inch.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SOYBEAN FOAM-CORE -- Lightweight, soy based foam-core offers improved durability over conventional foams and uses renewable resources resulting in the use of less crude oils.
- PREMIUM FOAM -- The foam used throughout is CertiPur-US Certified foam made in the USA. It is made without phthalates, lead, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDES, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants that may be a concern in non-certified foams. Cover is wet-resistant.
- WATERPROOF SURFACE & BINDING -- Reinforced embossed waterproof and stain-resistant cover with lock-stitched binding helps to keep liquids from seeping inside. Wipes clean easily.
- SAFETY & QUALITY TESTED -- Firmness, durability and crib fit tested, passes American Society for Testing and Materials Crib Mattress Standards; this entire crib mattress is GREENGUARD Gold certified for indoor air quality and tested for chemicals to help create a healthier sleeping environment for your baby.
- MADE IN THE USA -- Sealy Crib and Toddler Mattresses are designed, engineered, and proudly made in the USA of U.S. and imported parts.
The Sealy Soybean Foam-Core is a GreenGuard Gold certified in materials used. It is made with 22% soybean oils for an eco-friendly material that is known to add durability and firmness. The remaining 73% is polyurethane foam. The bed is waterproof and its cover is an easy clean wipe. The corners of the Sealy Soybean Foam-Core are square design to fit snug tight in standard cribs. The sides are lock-stitched binding to prevent leaks from seeping and uses a cotton wrap for hypoallergenic properties and extra comfort.
Made in the USA, the Sealy Soybean Foam-Core comes with a lifetime warranty on manufacturer defeats and measures 52-inch x 28-inch x 5-inch. It is CertiPUR-US certified for durability, indoor air quality, lead-free, phthalates-free, and free from chemicals. The product is also designed and reinforced to be tear-resistant.
Our Final Thoughts
When shopping for the best mattress for your baby, safety is the utmost importance. In this guide, we covered only the publicly certified and parent-tested beds on the market. There are several considerations to take into account when shopping for the perfect bed for your baby. Dimensions, budget (prices), firmness, and what to do when your baby is having trouble sleeping should all be considerations. We hope this guide is a great starting point for helping you find the best mattress for your baby.
OTHER GUIDES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: