It can get really frustrating when you wake up in the middle of the night from hot flashes and sweat. The more popular mattresses and pillows on the market tend to unfortunately trap heat very well. Cooling pillows can help counteract this effect.
Throughout the day, as your pillow sits on its own, it releases heat at a slow rate. The nature of its material means that heat moves in and out of the pillow very slowly. When night falls and you prepare to sleep, cooling pillows take a significantly longer time to warm up compared to other types of pillows.
- 1 Top Rated Best Cooling Pillows
- 2 What Makes A Cooling Pillow Worth It?
- 3 Do Cooling Pillows Really Work?
- 4 How To Keep Cool During the Night
- 5 Our Final Thoughts
Top Rated Best Cooling Pillows
Xtreme Comforts PillowXtreme Comforts - Slim Kool-Flow Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Bed Pillow for Sleeping, Back (Queen)…
- "The best bed pillow" ★ rated #1 by the wirecutter an independent review organization. USA today voted 2019 best pillow. Made in the USA - – ideal for all sleep positions.... Back, side, stomach. A perfect fit for you. - fall asleep fast and sleep better than you ever have before!
- Our memory foam pillows use only certipur-us certified foam & meet stringent standards for content, emissions & durability. They are analyzed by independent, accredited testing labs. – sleep restfully knowing that our pillows have no ozone depleters, tcep flame retardants, tdcpp, pbdes, lead, mercury, and heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the cpsc, or cfcs. – this assures you and your family are using a healthy and safe product especially for those during pregnancy.
- Ultra deluxe premium quality shredded memory foam will not get lumpy or go flat. It remains uniform in density, conforming to your personal head & neck contour for a perfect nights sleep & returns to shape, night after night, – because the foam is shredded, you can maneuver & shape your pillow so that it is comfortable for back stomach & side sleepers. – promotes proper back, neck & spine alignment. Help back & neck pain, tossing & turning, insomnia, migraines, snoring and orthopedic problems.
- Micro-vented kool-flow technology bamboo cover is soft as a cloud & provides superior air circulation and breathability while regulating temperature to keep the pillow surface cool for the best sleep ever! No more sweaty faces - experience extreme comfort with our memory foam pillows
- Machine washable - allergy sufferers no longer need to compromise comfort! Now you can have memory foam pillow that is clean all the way through! – they ship vacuum sealed & rolled for frustration free eco-friendly shipping. – you & your family deserve the best bed pillows! – our pillows are built for comfort, support & durability! - money back guarantee. If you aren't 100% satisfied, simply return it within 30 days! Best in the business 6 year warranty!
Classic Brands PillowSaleClassic Brands Reversible Cool Gel and Memory Foam Double-Sided Pillow, Soft and Comfortable Orthopedic Support, Standard
- 24" W x 16" L x 5" H
- A must have reversible cool gel and memory foam pillow; cool gel layer on one side for warm nights and memory foam on the other side for cooler nights
- Soft memory foam cradles your head and holds your neck and shoulders in an optimal sleeping position and retains shape night after night
- Cool gel memory foam regulates temperature, disperses heat and promotes airflow keeping you pleasantly comfortable all night
- 5-inch loft is ideal for side, back and stomach sleepers
Beckham Hotel Collection PillowSaleBeckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows for Sleeping - Queen Size, Set of 2 - Soft Allergy Friendly, Cooling, Luxury Gel Pillow for Back, Stomach or Side Sleepers
- SUPER PLUSH MATERIAL: The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are crafted in super plush gel fiber that puts all other standard pillows to shame! They are expertly tailored to ensure maximum comfort for any and all sleeping positions.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION: With their no-shift construction, our Sleep Restoration pillows are a fantastic place to rest your head. They’re stylish, luxurious, and incredibly comfortable. You’ll fall asleep fast, and stay asleep!
- SUITABLE FOR ALL: The pillows are allergy friendly and don’t contain any chemicals, being suitable for any person
- FADE RESISTANT & STAIN RESISTANT: The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are fade resistant and stain resistant, so you’ll never have to worry! Our pillows are machine washable, and will always feel and look like new!
- PEACE OF MIND: Our team’s first priority is keeping you happy with your purchase! We are passionate about what we do and proud of the products we offer. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be quick to respond!
Coop Home Goods Eden PillowCoop Home Goods - Eden Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with Cooling Zippered Cover and Adjustable Hypoallergenic Gel Infused Memory Foam Fill - Queen
- LOOK NO FURTHER, HOT SLEEPERS - Your search for the perfect adjustable pillow has come to an end. The Eden features our soft, gel-infused memory foam & microfiber fill blend for a cooler sleep experience and a gusseted design for edge-to-edge support.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL – Experiencing pain, snoring or tossing and turning are all signs of sleeping wrong. Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the memory foam fill, which you can add or take off to suit your size, shape or sleep position. SLEEP RIGHT!
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? – Our Coop Home Goods Eden Pillows undergo strict, third-party lab testing and are CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality. No harmful chemicals here! IT`S 100% SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. Vegan & Cruelty Free – no animals were harmed in the making of this awesome pillow.
- WE CARE – ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS USED! - The case is made with proprietary Lulltra fabric, a blend of bamboo-derived viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. Hypoallergenic materials let you finally wake up refreshed. Unlike other pillows – we freshly manufacture our foam instead of using repurposed materials. A bonus ½ lb bag of fill is included with your order if you need a higher loft.
- YOUR BEST SLEEP EVER, GUARANTEED - You can now purchase with confidence. If you don’t fall in love within 100 nights (although we’re sure you will), contact us directly to return the pillow for a full refund, no questions asked. Each Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow also comes with a 5-year warranty. MADE IN USA.
Product Stop Pillow
No products found.
Perfect Cloud PillowPerfect Cloud Dual Option Cooling Gel Pillow - Features Gel Pods for Maximum Cooling - Standard
- What is a Cooling Gel Pillow | So, what exactly is our cooling-gel pillow? Well, it’s a scientifically-designed pillow with a quilted gel layer that has been carefully constructed to keep you cool, and stay cool, all night long. This soothing gel works with our ventilated memory foam to provide a cool and refreshing sleeping experience so you stay comfortable, and more importantly, asleep. You can eliminate waking during the night from being unpleasantly warm, and cooling gel is the answer.
- You Can Sleep Better | With Perfect Cloud’s Cooling-Gel Pillow, you really can find the perfect sleep you’ve been longing for. Our thoroughly tested memory foam pillow helps eliminate nervous tension caused from common head, neck, and shoulder pain, which frequently keeps you awake and unrested. The cooling gel is an added luxury to help lull you into the needed sleep you are craving. What do you want? Sleep. When do you want it? Now!
- First-Class Premium Knit Cover | Our best-in-class premium textile stretch knit cover is fully removable for easy cleaning care. It features a durable zipper so you can easily remove to gently wash it, and is so soft and snuggly that you may not want to put a pillowcase or sham over it! And who would blame you? The quality of this plush quilted textile cover looks and feels absolutely amazing, and could possibly put your current linens to shame.
- Weightless Sleep Experience | Head feeling a little heavy at the end-of-the-day, and your current pillow simply isn’t helping alleviate this issue for restful sleep? We’ve got you covered! Replace your old pillow with this memory foam cooling-gel luxury, and this problem floats away like a cloud overnight. All Perfect Cloud pillows allow for comfortable all-night sleep that will help you wake up feeling rested, rejuvenated, and happy.
Fomi PillowFOMI Premium Gel Cooling Sleeping Pillow | Shredded Memory Foam | Adjustable and Supportive Pillow for Preferred Firmness | Orthopedic Comfort Design for Neck Pain Relief | (22” x 16”) (Standard)
- SLEEP BETTER: The pillow you choose to sleep with can affect how you sleep. The FoMI Gel Cradle Pillow holds your head in place allowing you to sleep better. The Flat Bottom Platform base allows you to stack pillows under the FoMI pillow so you can achieve your perfect height.
- HEAD CRADLE CONTOUR: Your sleep posture matters can result in better sleep. Designed according to the ergonomic theory. Fits the physical curves of the head, neck, and shoulders to ensure restful, rejuvenating slumber.
- GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT: The Average person sleeps for eight hours a night. A Better Night sleep is An Amazing gift for your relatives and friends. Our 100% satisfaction no questions asked return policy makes this a no risk present.
- COOLING GEL: Cool Gel technology promotes airflow for minor cooling comfort. No more waking up sweating.
- CRADLE YOUR HEAD: Ergonomic shape cradles head in place. Flat Platform Shape Allows You To Place A Second Pillow Below The FoMI Pillow To Increase Height. Ideal for back, side or stomach sleepers Memory foam pillow is 4 Inches thick and has a platform base so your head is firmly grounded.
What Makes A Cooling Pillow Worth It?
The pillow is designed with cooling features – Most pillows are designed for comfort. The materials used have minor consideration for regulating temperature. If they are breathable or uses water or gel, you can count on the pillow to be designed for a cooler sleep during the night.
Comes from a reputable brand – In this buyer’s guide, we selected brands that are well known for their pillows and/or cooling gel pillows. When buying on Amazon, be sure to pick the right seller for the brand. You can tell whether a seller is the correct one by choosing the one with positive reviews.
You live in an uncomfortably heated environment – This could be because you are living in a warm climate and try to save money by reducing air conditioner use overnight.
You wake up during the night feeling hot enough to have trouble falling back to sleep – When you find yourself flipping your pillow or adjusting yourself to find a cool surface, it’s time to search for a cooling pillow. The cooling effect and breathability of these pillows can help hot sleepers rest uninterrupted during the night. Cooling pillows are especially useful during the summer months or anyone living in a hot, humid climate.
The American Academy of Sleep studies have found that individuals with insomnia sleep better with a cooled prefrontal cortex, an area of the brain just behind your forehead.. Insomnia affects one in 10 American adults most of which struggle for relief even from current therapies. If you suffer from this common sleeping disorder, owning a cooling pillow can help you drift into sleep easier.
Do Cooling Pillows Really Work?
Cooling is considered to be one of the most important feature top rated pillows should have nowadays. That’s great news for consumers. There are two distinct ways popular cooling pillows seem to work:
They are breathable – which means there are holes or gaps in the pillow’s filling that allows air to flow freely. This works best when the pillow is not compressed heavily. For example, down pillows may feel refreshing, but down fillings can be heavily compressed losing the ability to let air flow freely throughout the pillow. Air flows help with evaporation of moisture thus resulting in a cooling effect.
They use water or contain gel – Water does an excellent job in transferring heat. Our body does this naturally when we get too hot and begin to sweat. The evaporation process that happens over time with our sweat helps cool our body temperature as it takes the heat with it as it disperses into the air. Water found within the chambers of a pillow can help conduct heat from the surface and pull it away from you.
Gel does the same thing. Pillows infused with gel or contain gel beads can help conduct heat away from your head. Made with the same materials found in ice packs for coolers, gel slows down the process of heat transfer and prevents heat from getting trapped in your pillow. Through the power of phase-change materials (PCM for short), heat is released during the day to provide you a cool sleeping surface at night. The cool thing about PCM is that it was originally designed by NASA for their next-generation spacesuits to absorb, hold and release heat to keep people comfortable.
How To Keep Cool During the Night
- Control your room temperature – It might be time to get a fan or turn on your air conditioning. Owning a fan or turning on your air conditioning and ensuring your room temperature is at a comfortable level for sleep is the quick and easy fix for night time heat and sweating. The typical recommendation for room temperature to sleep comfortably is between 65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. However, you should set your temperature at comfortable level, whatever is best suited for you.
- Cool yourself down before bed – Avoid exercising or strenuous activities or eating heavy foods before bed. Physical exertion or digestion kicks your body’s metabolism into high gear which generates more body heat than normal. What can help is to drink a small glass of cool water before bed.
- Avoid jumping into bed unless you are ready to sleep – Sitting upright, reading or working on your bed can warm up your bedsheets, blanket, and pillow. If you try to sleep after spending 30 minutes reading or working, you might be snuggling yourself with your own built up body heat making it difficult to fall asleep easier.
- Freeze your bedsheets – An old trick in the history books that may not relieve you of heat throughout the entire night, it may help you fall asleep faster. You can use a plastic sealed bag to store your sheets to place into your fridge or freezer. The plastic bag will keep food smell and other possible contaminants from rubbing onto your sheets. Once you’re ready to sleep, you can whip them out and hop on top or cover yourself to enjoy the quality cold.
- Reconsider your choice of fabrics – If you’re sweating during the night, you may need a change of fabric. Aside from ensuring you wear loose-fit and comfortable clothing for bed, your bedsheets, comforter, blanket, mattress type, and pillow cover can contribute to the build up of body heat. Fabrics that contain polyester or flannel tend to trap body heat and moisture, causing nightly sweating. Instead, you can choose softer and natural fabrics such as cotton for better airflow and breathability.
Our Final Thoughts
Cooling pillows are a great choice if you live in a warm climate. Sweating at night time and hot flashes can interrupt sleep unnecessarily. Unlike most pillows, cooling pillows provide you with a sleeping surface that very slowly heats up. This means you can enjoy a cooler sleeping surface for a longer period of time. In this guide, we cover how a cooling pillow helps, considerations when shopping for one, and our top five recommendations for a cooler, better sleeping pillow.