Hybrid mattresses put together the best attributes of material types. For example, innerspring mattresses that are too firm can get a latex or memory foam top layer to improve comfort.
What is a hybrid mattress? How are they different from the other types of mattresses? And more importantly, are they worth the money? There are a lot of sales-y marketing has sprung up about hybrid mattresses. In this guide, we will look past the hype, provide information on shopping considerations, and recommend the top hybrid mattresses for you to make the best-informed decision possible.
- 1 Top Rated Best Hybrid Mattresses
- 1.1 Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Cobalt Mattress
- 1.2 WinkBeds Mattress
- 1.3 Zinus Green Tea Mattress
- 1.4 Tempur-Pedic Flex Hybrid Prima Mattress
- 1.5 Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress
- 1.6 Classic Brands Gramercy Mattress
- 1.7 Viola Mattress
- 1.8 Zotto Sleep Mattress
- 1.9 Modway Elysse Mattress
- 1.10 Olee Sleep Galaxy Mattress
- 2 Are Hybrid Mattresses Worth The Money?
- 3 Are Hybrid Mattresses Right For You?
- 4 What Is A Hybrid Mattress?
- 5 How Much Are Hybrid Mattresses?
- 6 More Choices for You
- 7 Our Final Thoughts
Top Rated Best Hybrid Mattresses
Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Cobalt MattressSaleSealy Posturepedic Hybrid Cobalt Firm Mattress, Queen
- Cooling Sealy Conform Gel Memory Foam provides body-conforming comfort and reduced motion transfer
- Premium-weight stretch kit, breathable fabric lies underneath to easily conforms to your body while also allowing more airflow to keep you comfortable at night
- Half foam, half springs, the best of both advanced comfort and support. Fully support your back and align your body
- 3-inch solid edge had Premier system around the border so you can use the full surface of your mattress, as well as providing a solid seating surface
- Made in the USA and backed by a 10-year limited warranty
Zinus Green Tea MattressSaleZinus 12 Inch Euro Box Top Hybrid Green Tea Foam and Spring Mattress, Queen
- Cushioned Firm support with Fiber Quilted Euro Box Top Cover, Green Tea Foam, and heavy duty Coil Springs
- Infused with Green Tea extract and Castor Natural Seed Oil to naturally retard odor & bacteria
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam - Foam is CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- Smartly Shipped- Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
Tempur-Pedic Flex Hybrid Prima MattressSaleTEMPUR-Flex Hybrid Prima Medium Mattress
- 10-Inch thick medium-firm mattress that pairs all the sleep-transforming benefits of TEMPUR material with a new, dynamically responsive feel
- Designed with a Dynamic Support Layer, made of innovative precision coils specially engineered to work in harmony with the TEMPUR-Response material layer to actively react to your body's movement
- TEMPUR-Response material designed to precisely adapts to your body, giving you the adaptive support, pressure relief, and motion dispersal that only TEMPUR material delivers.This layer serves as the "base" for the TEMPUR which is designed to help disperse heat from the mattress
- Designed with the innovative SmartClimate System created with a top layer of moisture-wicking fabric to draw moisture away while the inner layer provides cool-to-the-touch comfort
- Equipped with the EasyRefresh cover that zips off and on, so it's simple to wash or replace,Queen: 60 inch x 80 inch
Serta Perfect Sleeper MattressSerta Perfect Sleeper Plush 900 Hybrid Mattress, Queen
- Designed to help solve 5 common sleep problems: tossing and turning, back support and alignment, balanced sleep temperature, partner movement, sagging
- Comfort or Feel: Plush
- Cool Twist Gel Memory Foam
- Hybrid Mattress: Individually Wrapped Coil Innerspring
- Queen Size Measures 80 inches x 60 inches x 13 inches; Requires one Queen foundation or platform bed for complete set
Classic Brands Gramercy MattressSaleClassic Brands Gramercy Euro-Top Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid 14-Inch Mattress, Queen
- Combines the superior support of a wrapped-coil innerspring system with the conforming response of gel-infused memory foam for the ultimate sleeping experience
- Beautifully detailed quilted euro-top knit cover with a corded edge and coordinating knit sides for breathability
- Gel-infused memory foam layer draws heat away from the body allowing for a more comfortable refreshing night's sleep; wrapped innerspring coils prevent motion transfer between partners for an undisturbed might of rest
- High-quality memory foam and pressure relieving gel memory foam are naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites and it meets CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
- Euro-top with cushion-firm feel
Viola MattressSaleVoila Box Luxury Hybrid Coil-Spring Latex Mattress, Gel-Infused Memory Foam + Coils + Latex + Triple Edge Support + Breathable Cool Sleep Technology (11" Medium, Queen)
- 33% - 50% SUMMER INVENTORY BLOWOUT SPECIAL: Prices reflect 33% discount on Kings/Cal-Kings and 50% discount on Queens, Full/Double, Twin-XL, and Twin mattresses. Limited to inventory and availability.
- UNMATCHED SUPPORT: 768-count five zone pocket coil technology to provide the ultimate support + triple edge side-wall support + gel infused memory foam and latex + Airflow system to keep you cool.
- LUXURY SHOWROOM QUALITY: Ranked the #1 INNERSPRING MATTRESS BRAND. All the layers and quality you expect in a $5,000 showroom mattress for a fraction of the cost. Perfectly crafted to provide you a luxury sleep experience with no sacrifice in quality.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Our foams not only meet, but exceed the high CertiPUR-US flexible polyurethane foam qualifications. We also offer a full 10 year warranty on all of our mattresses to give you peace of mind.
- GIVING BACK: Voila promises to donate 1 mattress for every 10 we sell. We appreciate your support!
Zotto Sleep MattressSaleZotto Sleep Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
- Zotto's patent pending mixture of memory foam, gel and hybrid material provide continuous temperature regulation, proper spine alignment, pressure relief, localized bounce, and ultimate comfort!
- Zotto scored a higher rating than Casper and TuftandNeedle in reviews performed by Memory Foam Talk, Sleep Sherpa, and Sleepopolis
- Our poly-rayon cover is soft as silk and durable enough to handle anything life throws its way! Its also removable and machine washable
- Zotto is proudly made in the USA and is backed by a 10 Year Warranty
- Doctor endorsed for back and joint pain relief and recently featured by Access Health Airing on Lifetime Television
Modway Elysse MattressSaleModway Elysse 12" Queen Cooling Hybrid Mattress - CertiPUR-US Certified Memory Foam - Individually Encased Coils - 10-Year Warranty
- SLEEP SOUNDLY - Reduce pressure on your hips, back and shoulders with the contouring ability of a responsive hybrid mattress. Align your spine without feeling that you are sinking into your mattress.
- EDGE SUPPORT - Sleep with a partner without worrying about falling off the edge with this innerspring mattress and memory foam mattress that provides firm mattress support over the entire surface.
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED - The foam inside is CertiPUR-US certified so you can be sure it's made without formaldehyde, heavy metals, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants, and is low on VOC.
- ISOLATED MOTION - Limit the bounce and absorb motion disturbance between two partners with individually encased springs. Perfect for partners with unique schedules and habits to sleep comfortably.
- COOLING MATTRESS - Elysse comes with gel-infused memory foam top layer that is open cell and ventilated. Sleep comfortably while reducing sweat and perspiration during hot or humid weather.
Olee Sleep Galaxy MattressOlee Sleep 13 inch Galaxy Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress (Queen)
- Composed of 5 layers includes pocket spring
- Memory foam adapt to your body shape and temperature
- Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
- Covered with soft
- Compressed , rolled and vaccum sealed for convenient shipping and setup
Are Hybrid Mattresses Worth The Money?
Unless a manufacturer of a mattress comes up with a crazy design or uses unheard of materials, we believe most types of mattresses are well worth the money. Hybrid mattresses are definitely at the top of the list.
Aa hybrid mattress has around 6 to 7 years in product lifespan before they begin to decline in comfort. You can, however, use them well beyond ten years. Most people do. Since the top layer is memory foam, sagging and body impression will be the first signs of declining comfort levels. Another sign is when the coils begin to weaken in bounce and the center of the mattress sinks further than the edges and corners.
Are Hybrid Mattresses Right For You?
Hybrid mattresses offer a unique level of comfort because of their design. The combination of materials such as memory foam and pocket springs provide a balance between bounce and responsiveness.
Here are several reasons why you might choose hybrid mattresses over other options:
- You tried innerspring mattresses, but they make too much noise or don’t contour to your body well enough, creating noticeable pressure on different parts of your body
- You tried memory foam mattresses, but they feel too firm and hard on your body
- You’re looking for a luxury mattress that is relatively inexpensive to other mattresses on the market
- You are having back problems and need a mattress that can support the proper alignment of your body, without forgoing too much comfort
- You are looking for something with edge support because you roll off the bed more often than not in your sleep
What Is A Hybrid Mattress?
A hybrid mattress is a mattress using two or more different materials. By combining different materials, you gain from the benefits of the material.
A hybrid mattress doesn’t necessarily contain an even 50/50 of two materials or 1/3 splitting of three materials. Manufacturers of mattresses will have their tested formula and provide the design they found to best suit their audience. Unfortunately, this mix is a business trade secret and isn’t shared with the public.
What’s important in hybrid mattresses aren’t so much the mix or the design, but rather the materials involved. When people talk about hybrid mattresses, they think of foam and innerspring (mostly pocket coils and continuous coils). The foam and innerspring hybrid mattresses are the most popular on the market. We will be covering this combination of innerspring and foam within this article.
Pro-tip: By combining the responsiveness of foam with the bounce of pocket springs, you get deep compression support (from the coils) with pressure relief (from the foam).
There is also something called a semi-hybrid mattress, which is essentially a pillow-top over a coil base. It’s a different design that exchanges the typical memory foam with the pillow-top surface. The big idea remains the same: a surface that relieves pressure and deep compression support, both allowing contouring to the shape of your body for support.
How Much Are Hybrid Mattresses?
You are looking at anywhere between $200 and $1,500. There are also hybrid mattresses that are in the price range of $2,000 and over.
For hybrid mattresses priced over $1,500, they will use either a combination of materials and designs. You may find mattresses that include gel foam, extra plush layers of foam, or multiple layers. For example, the TEMPUR-Flex Hybrid Prima uses TEMPUR material which is an exclusive design by the Tempur-Pedic brand manufacturer and distributor.
Pro-tip: Lower coil gauge numbers mean thicker coils than higher coil gauge numbers. You typically find lower gauge numbers along the side of your mattress for edge support. Higher gauge numbers are thinner coils that are gentle and more forgiving. Coil gauge numbers commonly range from 12 to 15.
Hybrid mattresses below $1,500 can also provide quality material. For example, like Viola provides triple edge side-wall support, with a hybrid mix of the pocket coil, latex, and gel-infused memory foam. Viola also offers a 100-night trial with a full refund and free returns if their mattress doesn’t suit you.
For hybrid mattresses below $500, you will find lower quality foam that can still provide quality sleep but may not last as long as the mattresses in the higher price class. The qualities of materials differ between the price classes.
One thing to note is this doesn’t necessarily mean all mattresses under $500 are of poor quality. Some manufacturers like Zinus and Classic Brands spend less on marketing and advertising, passing their savings to the customers by pricing their mattresses lower.
More Choices for You
Want more options? Here are the latest best selling hybrid mattresses on Amazon:
Want a particular mattress type? Check out our guides here:
Our Final Thoughts
In this article, we cover what is a hybrid mattress and how they provide a better quality of sleep. Hybrid mattresses are an excellent alternative to the pure memory foam or pure innerspring mattresses because they combine the best of both worlds. You get both the bounce and deep compression support from the coil and the responsiveness and contouring of memory foam to relieve the contact pressure on your body. If you are looking for the best hybrid mattress, be sure to check out the list of the top 10 recommended hybrid mattresses above.