It can get upsetting to have your sleep abruptly disturbed because of sudden snoring in the middle of the night.
Snoring is extremely common, and can be one of the top reasons for you to lose sleep during the night. In a survey conducted by StatisticBrain, 59% of people say their partner snores.
One of the best ways to reduce the amount of snoring and eliminate it is to replace your mattress with a mattress that can prevent snoring.
RELATED: Best Pillows To Stop Snoring
- 1 Top 5 Beds for Snoring
- 2 Buyer’s Guide to Mattress for Stopping Snoring
- 3 How Can Your Mattress Cause You to More Likely Snore?
- 4 What is the Best Type of Mattress for Snoring?
- 5 5 Best Solutions to Stop Snoring
- 6 Want More Choices?
- 7 Our Final Thoughts
Top 5 Beds for Snoring
#1. Purple Mattress
No products found.
#2. Turf & Needle Mattress
- Pressure Relief - Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback, and provides pressure relief where you need it most; An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Support - The T&N Original Mattress is ideal for back and stomach sleepers; We complemented the T&N Adaptive foam with a base layer of supportive foam to prevent sinking into the mattress
- Cool Sleeping - Our open-cell cooling technology foam works with the heat-conducting graphite and cooling gel-infused in our T&N Adaptive foam to wick away heat and moisture for a deep, restful sleep
- Versatility - We designed our mattress to be compatible and complementary with most frames and foundations including: traditional frames, box springs, platform frames, slatted frames, bunky boards, and adjustable frames
- Questions - We pride ourselves on customer service and urge you to reach out to us directly if you have any questions at any point, our expert customer service team will be available to help you through any of your hesitations, problems or questions
#3. GhostBed Mattress
- 4 LAYERS OF COMFORT - Crafted from high-quality cooling gel memory foam, high-density support foam and aerated latex, the 11” GhostBed Classic merges luxury and durability to help you get amazing sleep
- WAKE UP FEELING REFRESHED - High-density foam core supports spinal alignment, alleviates hip and back pain, and relieves stiffness; it’s soft, supportive and springy - but with minimal motion transfer
- PERFECT FOR ALL SLEEPERS - With its balanced, medium-firm feel, the GhostBed Classic is a great option for sleepers of all types: stomach, back, side and combo
- CERTI-PUR US CERTIFIED - Sleep soundly knowing you’re snoozing on CertiPUR-US certified materials
- MADE IN THE USA - All GhostBed mattresses, including the GhostBed Classic, are made in the USA with the highest quality materials
#4. Zotto Sleep Mattress
- Zotto's patent pending mixture of memory foam, gel and hybrid material provide continuous temperature regulation, proper spine alignment, pressure relief, localized bounce, and ultimate comfort!
- Zotto scored a higher rating than Casper and TuftandNeedle in reviews performed by Memory Foam Talk, Sleep Sherpa, and Sleepopolis
- Our poly-rayon cover is soft as silk and durable enough to handle anything life throws its way! Its also removable and machine washable
- Zotto is proudly made in the USA and is backed by a 10 Year Warranty
- Doctor endorsed for back and joint pain relief and recently featured by Access Health Airing on Lifetime Television
#5. Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Mattress
- PERFECT CONTOUR. King size mattress cradles you in a deluxe cushion of 2.5” Premium Air-Flow MF over 1” of Gel-Infused Memory Foam plus 8.5” of High Density Polyurethane Base. Extra-thick profile brings luxury hotel touch
- COOLING INNOVATION. Breathable, plush & better quality materials, not cheap inexpensive foam. Optimum comfort that relaxes & cools your body. Deep rest for a long day ahead. No coils or latex used
- BEST BUY SOLUTION. Top Rated King Memory Foam Mattress with over 90% 5-star reviews on Amazon. Classic medium-firm HD core relieves pressure points + less tossing & turning. Good for side, back and stomach sleepers. Signature feel recharges you from a dream night of ultimate slumber
- SOFT FLEX COVER. World class linen is easy green care & works on any home bedroom furniture frame set, box spring or futon. Comfortable and has a cloud like sensation. Use a bedding pad / protector on any mattress, cot, tri-fold or guest room day-bed
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED. Eco-Friendly + Great on box-spring, platform, adjustable or hard floor only. New + Designed in the USA + full refund guarantee from 30 day trial + 20-year warranty
Buyer’s Guide to Mattress for Stopping Snoring
Before buying an anti-snoring mattress, there are a few considerations to take into account that can help you select the right mattress for you:
Look for a medium-firm to firm mattress
A mattress too soft will cause your spine to curve unnaturally and angle your neck and head in a way that can be enough to cause snoring.
A medium-firm to firm mattress will give enough cushion to contour to the shape of your body and relieve pressure on common pain points (hips, shoulders, arms) and provide deep compress support so you won’t sink uncomfortably into your mattress.
RELATED: Best Firm Mattresses
Consider a foam-based mattress type
A memory foam bed and latex bed offer very similar cushion and support as they are both foam material.
Latex is hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and can prevent dust mites and allergens from building up. Memory foam provides excellent full contact body support and can shape to the curves of your body for comfort.
Mattress size and budget
You will also want to consider how much you are willing to spend on a new mattress to help control costs. Aside from mattresses, you may want to also include into your budget other things like new pillows, pillow cases, mattress sheets, and/or bed frame.
Regarding sizes, mattress sellers will have information on the specific measurements of their mattress.
If you are taller than the average, be sure to check the measurements of the sleeping surface available.
If you are shopping as a couple, you may want to look for a queen, king or California king size.
For single sleepers, a twin or full size mattress can be sufficient.
Alternative solutions to alleviate or reduce snoring
You or your partner’s snoring may not go away despite purchasing a new mattress, changing your pillows, sleeping in a new position, or successfully losing weight.
You can and should see your family doctor and/or sleep specialist to check for any underlying health conditions that may be affecting your sleep. One common health concern is sleep apnea, which affects over 22 million Americans.
How Can Your Mattress Cause You to More Likely Snore?
There is a flab of tissue called the epiglottis that acts as a gatekeeper to prevent food and liquid from entering your lungs. When you breathe at night and your airway is partially obstructed by that flab of tissue, you can produce snoring that can be excruciatingly loud at night.
Your mattress can cause you to snore if it does a poor job at supporting and maintaining the curve of your back and neck. By sinking into your mattress, your head is placed a slight angle significant enough to produce snoring. Snoring can get worse if your head is not properly supported with the right pillow to stop snoring.
Your mattress can cause you to snore if it:
- Is too soft (plush)
- Is more than 5-7 years old (RELATED: how long does a mattress last?)
- Shows signs of defect appear, such as sagging or lingering body impressions
- Causes you discomfort or physical pain
- Is designed poorly without consideration to central support
- Is made from low quality material
What is the Best Type of Mattress for Snoring?
Ideally, the best way to stop snoring is to use an adjustable bed system. An adjustable bed frame will give you the ability to change the angle which your upper body, thus, your head will sleep in. The problem is adjustable bed frame can cost anywhere between $500 to $1,500 depending if they have a motor. And this price range excludes the mattress.
As for a type of mattress, memory foam and latex are excellent choices.
Memory foam is the most popular material mattress, and for good reason. They can absorb motion extremely well (great for not waking up your sleeping partner), have minimal bounce, and can support your entire body consistently by conforming to the shape of your body.
Latex is a tried and trusted material. Dunlop and the more modern Tatalay construct of latex material make for a sturdy mattress with a long lifespan. Latex is also naturally hypoallergenic and is inhospitable to microbes, build up of allergens, dust mites, and mold.
Innerspring can also make a great choice if they are designed with quality material and structure. We wouldn’t recommend mesh-style innerspring coil systems as they have less bounce to them and are more likely to cave in, causing your spine to curve uncomfortably. Most innersprings mattress brands now use a pocketed, individually wrapped coil spring system. This allows for a more “customized” support for your body, where springs are propping themselves up and applying upward force to keep your body from sinking into your bed.
In our recommendations, we pick top rated anti-snoring mattresses that can retain its shape well and provide a medium-firm sleeping surface that can support your body and head very well.
5 Best Solutions to Stop Snoring
The biggest culprit to snoring is excess weight that you may have put on over time. Extra fatty tissue around the neck area can apply pressure to your throat and restrict airways, leading to vibrations that poduce snores. Obesity is common, serious, and costly. More than one-third of U.S. adults (78.6 million) have obesity. Losing weight will not only improve your health, but you will also get a confidence boost from being able to successfully lose weight and look good at the same time.
Side sleeping is recommended by many experts as it helps sets aside the base of your tongue, the soft palate of your mouth, and the epiglottis that is the gatekeeper to your lungs from directly obstructing your airway. One clever way of ensuring you stay sleeping on your side is to tape tennis balls to the back of your pajamas to stop yourself from rolling onto your back.
With a pillow wedge or pillow with a higher loft, we can minimize the amount and intensity of snoring. The extra elevation of your head will lean the flap in your throat to the sidea place that won’t cover your airway. Memory foam pillows are highly recommended because of how well they maintain their shape and thickness overnight. You might also be interested in cervical pillows for greater neck support.
Dry air can make your nasal congestion or allergies worse. A humidifier can help reduce the clogging that is blocking up the nasal area of your face.
Snoring can be associated with underlying health conditions. Although we can try different remedies found online, in the end, some things are best left to health professionals. The only way to know for sure if there may be an underlying health condition affecting your sleep is to see a specialist. A CPAP machine may be recommended by your doctor.
For more easy tips on how to stop snoring, visit WebMD.com.
RELATED: How To Block Out Snoring Noise
Want More Choices?
Want more options? Here are the latest best selling anti-snore beds on Amazon:
Our Final Thoughts
There are mattresses designed to provide firm and full body support. By using a mattress that is constructed well and made from quality material, you can ease or reduce the amount of snoring.
We hope this guide helps you sleep better and peacefully silent at night!