Looking for the best twin size air mattress for a single sleeper? In this article, we go through a wide range of twin size mattresses of different price classes and models to help you better decide on what is best for your sleep. Things to keep in mind when going through this list of twin size mattresses are:
- They fit one sleeper max
- Most twin size air mattresses can support up to 300 pounds
- Most air mattresses come with built-in pumps (and one mattress found in this article review has two!)
- Some twin size air mattresses come with 1-year warranty, while others do not because of their low prices
- And raised as high as 16” off the ground
So, with these points in mind, let’s dive into the 4 best twin air mattress reviews:
Reviews Of The Best Twin Air Mattress
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 21 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Twin Sized Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 3 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives
- Twin Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 73" x 38" x 18" - Raised "Double-height" air bed with dual chamber construction. "Sure-Grip" bottom prevents bed from unwanted sliding
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material. Carry bag included for easy transport!
- SoundAsleep's consumer friendly 1-year limited warranty. Call or email any time for support
The SoundAsleep Dream Series with ComfortCoil Air Mattress was one of our best affordable mattress reviewed product. Thousands of reviewers would agree SoundAsleep knows how to make their quality air mattress!
This twin size mattress comes with 21 internal air coils for durability and support, so that it can remain firm and cushioned well for your rest. There is a 1-click internally built pump for easy and fast inflation or deflation. The dimensions for the mattress is 73″ by 38″ with a height of 18″. The top is also extra thick with a waterproof flocked top for durability and resistance from possible puncture. The bottom surface is made of fabric that prevents unwanted slip and sliding. The mattress also comes with a carry bag, as well as a 1-year limited warranty.
One drawback about the twin size air mattress is that the fitted sheets and mattress pad will keep popping off if you move around a lot during your sleep. One workaround, as a reviewer suggested, is to use elastic straps for their fitted sheets. Many reviewers reported that the mattress was great because it inflates and deflates well and doesn’t lose any air. The SoundAsleep Twin Size Air Mattress is also very comfortable.
- Inflatable twin airbed with built-in electric pump for home use. As with any airbed, there is a short period in which the material needs to settle and stretch. This usually lasts between 36 and 72 hours, during which the airbed will lose pressure, but not air.
- Waterproof flocked top with vinyl beams, sturdy construction, and built-in pillows for added comfort
- High-powered, built-in pump makes inflation and deflation easy, inflates mattress in approximately 3 minutes
- Double-layered wave beam interior construction, raised 16.5 inches from floor
- Standard twin size - 39 x 16.5 x 75 (W x H x L) - great for fitted sheets, 300-Pound capacity.Airbeds are measured from the widest point including the beams (bulges) on the side and off the tallest point from the floor including built-in pillows if applicable.
The Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is a 39″ by 75″ with a height of 16.5″. It has a 300-pound capacity and a built-in pump for easy inflation and deflation. It takes roughly 3 minutes to inflate. The mattress is made with a waterproof flocked top with vinyl beams to give a sturdy feel when you lay on top. The built-in pillow also gives its sleepers one less thing to worry about. The built-in pump is an easy plug and play design, with a dial that you can turn to start pumping in air or deflating.
One notable reviewer shares his story of how he had surgery on his leg and had to sleep by himself without his wife. The sofa didn’t do him well, so they ordered an air mattress, specifically the Intex airbed. It worked wonders for him as a temporary bed for him to recover from the leg surgery. Other reviewers also found the inflatable bed to be comfortable and easy to setup. The major drawback with the twin size mattress is that it comes with no warranty. Some reviewers said they didn’t even worry about the warranty because the Intex mattress is such a low price.
An alternative design from Intex, which cost a little more, is the Intex Dura-Beam Airbed. There is no elevated pillow but is part of the Dura-Beam series, which is a feature that offers extra support that keeps your spine and neck elevated and even, while other mattresses will cause you to “sink” into them.
- Double high design makes getting in and out of bed easier and offers extra cushioning
- Soft plush top with Support Lock reinforced construction for added stability
- Antimicrobial-treated sleep surface resists odor, mold, mildew, and fungus
- Approximate inflated dimensions: 75 x 40 x 20 inches; fits standard twin sheets
- Supports up to 300 pounds; designed for indoor and outdoor use
The Coleman Air Bed is a mighty 20″ high twin size bed with a special anti-microbial sleep surface for resistance against odor, mold, mildew, and fungus. This air mattress can be inflated under 2 minutes with its built-in pump. Dimensions are 75″ by 40″, and can support a weight limit of 300 lbs. The product comes with a 1-year limited warranty and a carry bag.
Most reviewers would agree that the Coleman Twin Airbed is a worth its value. It’s very durable, inflates and deflates without any hassle, and relatively inexpensive for a twin size air mattress. A few reviewers reported they can jump on the mattress, although we wouldn’t recommend it considering it’s an air bed and can burst. One drawback reported by a reviewer is that the built-in mattress pump is a tad too noisy. Noise aside, elder reviewers were able to carry the twin air mattress in its carry bag without too much struggle because of its light weight when deflated.
- 2-Pumps in one bed
- Primary pump automatically inflates and deflates your airbed in less than 4 minutes
- Secondary neverFLATpump monitors and silently maintains the air pressure to your desired comfort level while you sleep
- Convenient auto-shutoff feature on primary pump automatically turns the pump system off when the airbed is fully inflated or deflated
- 21 circular coils create a supportive and level sleep surface
The Serta Raised Mattress is a two-pump in one air mattress. Unlike conventional air beds, the X has a secondary pump that can monitor and silently maintain the air pressure inside your mattress. The primary pump used for inflating and deflating your mattress has an auto-shutoff feature to prevent the airbed from over-inflating or waste electricity from continuously deflating. There are 21 coils for a leveled and firm sleep surface. The top is made from a waterproof, durable flocked surface for a soft, comfortable, and puncture-resistant. The mattress is raised 18” from the ground. The bottom surface area is also slip-resistant and the mattress comes with a 1-year product warranty. The weight limit is 350 pounds.
The majority of recent reviewers have enjoyed this air mattress, even after a few months of occasional use by guests. The mattress maintains its pressure without any leaks. There were two or three complaints from reviewers recently that there is a faulty design with the circles on the mattress that is causing leaks. However, this doesn’t appear to be a problem with the majority of other reviewers.
Our Final Thoughts
Why settle for less when you can use durable, longer-lasting best twin air mattress as beds. The nature of air beds is that they are only for temporary use and not for sleeping on every night. Once something tears, then it renders the bed unusable.
However, as an extra bed for guests or temporary use in case of emergencies, twin size air mattresses are perfect and lightweight to carry around. Most require only you to plug in their built-in pumps and 3 minutes before it can be used. So the next time you consider a twin size air bed are perfect for you, we hope you come back to this guide!